24/7 Emergency Water Damage Restoration Services • Free Visual Inspection For Property Owners (307) 204-4200

Call Today! (307) 204-4200
Call Today! (307) 204-4200
West Wyoming LogoLogo
Call Today! (307) 204-4200
Call Today! (307) 204-4200
West Wyoming Logo

Why You Shouldn’t Leave Mold in Your Home or Office

Published by Allegra on September 3, 2021 in category: Uncategorized

Dangers of Mold in an officeMold develops indoors as well as outdoors and can be quite dangerous. It is most prone to grow in the darkest, dampest places. We advise you to opt for mold removal services as soon as you find one in your home or office because it is more than just a cosmetic issue; it can also cause structural damage and health problems.

The Nature of Mold

Mold colonies can cover a huge area and are typically black, white, grey, brown, or green. It not only damages the surfaces on which it develops, but it can also create major health problems. It appears and develops on suitably wet surfaces. Long-term humidity exposure can potentially cause harm to your home. If mold is present, it may be a good idea to move out of your flat or go for mold removal as soon as possible, depending on your sensitivity to mold and the extent of the mold growth.

Mold, being a fungus, grows and behaves in the same way as the others in its kingdom. In other words, it grows, consumes, and spreads its spores in the same way as other molds, mushrooms, and bacteria do. Places like houses and offices provide the ideal environment for its development and growth. It often appears at places with leakages, moist surfaces, places where air cannot circulate, so be sure to keep them in check. It tends to quickly fly through the air and discover additional vulnerable locations once it has found a suitable location to grow and expand. This is when the bad health consequences begin, which is why it is better to opt for mold removal as soon as possible.

The Dangers of Mold

Can Harm Health

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has warned about the dangers of living in a home with mold. It can cause a variety of health issues, including stinging eyes, sneezing, throat swelling, wheezing, and coughing, as well as acute allergic reactions, asthma episodes, and even irreversible lung damage. Those who suffer from asthma or allergies are especially vulnerable. People who have hypersensitivity pneumonitis are predisposed to immune-mediated illness. Many people are unaware that mold may be growing in their houses right now.

Can Cause Structural Issues

Mold clearly poses a risk to your and your family’s health. However, it can potentially cause structural harm to your property. Mold spores can grow in any component of your home’s structural wood structure (beams, joists, sill plate, etc.). If left untreated, it will cause the wood to rot and decay. This jeopardizes your office and home’s structural integrity and harms its worth and resale value. If you have a wet basement or crawl area, treating mold in your home will not address the problem. The longer you wait, the more your mold removal cost increases.

Can Ruin Objects

Mold can and will destroy any object, whether it is a modern chair, an antique rug, a vintage sofa, or your wall paint if storage conditions are not adequately regulated. Once mold has infiltrated these materials, saving them is nearly impossible and always prohibitively expensive. Mold penetrates the pores of organic materials such as silk or linen and can infest the entire garment. Furthermore, if a person brings a fusty item home, mold spores will spread to other goods. The harm might be terrible and the mold removal cost along with reinstalling the damaged item could be catastrophic.

Can Trigger Allergies

Mold spores, cells, pieces, and unstable chemical substances can enter the air as it grows. They can create allergies, irritants, and mycotoxins. Some of these can be harmful, especially to people who are allergic to them. Furthermore, wetness accelerates the breakdown of materials, increasing the volume of particles, or dust, in the air. These particles can irritate the lungs, nose, and throat, especially if the person already suffers from respiratory difficulty, asthma, or a chronic lung ailment.

Mold allergies can cause symptoms similar to other allergies, such as hay fever or seasonal allergies. Airborne pollutants can also impact the upper respiratory tract in these cases. People who have a mold allergy and asthma are more likely to experience an asthma attack when there is mold in their surroundings. A higher level of dust can raise the risk of dust mites, which can cause allergic reactions in some people. Most people can breathe in the fungus’s spores without feeling ill, but those with a compromised immune system or a pre-existing lung condition may have a severe reaction. It can also stimulate the growth of germs and bacteria, which may develop an inflammatory response after being exposed to these microorganisms.

Controlling moisture is essential for preventing mold growth inside. It’s also critical to make sure that the house and office are clean and well-ventilated. Mold in your home may not necessarily be harmful to your health, but this should never stop you from removing it. If you detect it in your house or office, you need to take immediate action for mold removal. Depending on the type, the extent of growth, and your sensitivity to the mold, you might be able to do it yourself.

However, if the task is large or you have respiratory issues, you should hire a skilled contractor who can provide safe mold removal services and perform the necessary repairs.

ecofriendly company
Call us today with any questions or concerns! (307) 204-4200
*Property Owners Only. Restrictions Apply